T20 World Cup 2021, Match 17: Afghanistan vs Scotland, Stats Preview: Player records and approaching milestones

Rashid Khan needs five wickets to complete 100 T20I wickets.

View : 2.4K

3 Min Read

Scotland cricket team
info
Scotland cricket team. (Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images)

After thriving in the preliminary stage of the T20 World Cup 2021, Scotland find themselves in the Super 12 stage and would like to make a mark against the big boys as well. They’ll meet Afghanistan in their first assignment of this round. The encounter takes place at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium on Monday (October 25). The Afghan side, which was in the Super 12 stage by default, will definitely take the field as favourites. However, the Scottish side shouldn’t be underestimated.

After all, the Kyle Coetzer-led side won its all three games in the previous round. One of those victories also came against a strong Bangladesh side. Hence, they would be confident about doing well. The likes of Richie Berrington, Matthew Cross, and Mark Watt have done well lately and would be determined to shine again.

On the other hand, Afghanistan lost to South Africa in their first warm-up match. However, they bounced back and defeated defending champions by 56 runs in their other practice match. Players like Hazratullah Zazai, Mohammad Shahzad, and Rashid Khan have been in impressive form lately and would possess a massive threat to the Scottish side.

Meanwhile, let’s look at important stats and numbers ahead of the 17th game of the T20 World Cup 2021:

Head to head: Afghanistan have comprehensively dominated Scotland in T20Is. So far, these two sides battled it out in six T20Is and the Afghan team emerged winners every single time. In T20 World Cups, these sides met only once and Afghanistan clinched that game as well.

10 – Matthew Cross needs 10 runs to complete 1000 T20 runs.

26 – George Munsey needs 26 runs to complete 2000 runs in international cricket.

53 – Munsey also requires 53 runs to complete 1500 runs in T20 cricket.

64 – Mohammad Shahzad needs 64 runs to become the first Afghanistan player to complete 2000 T20I runs.

5 – Rashid Khan needs five wickets to complete 100 T20I wickets.

2– Michael Leask needs 2 more wickets to complete 50 wickets in international cricket.

1– Richard Berrington needs one big hit to complete 100 sixes in international cricket.

3 – Calum MacLeod needs three hits over the fence to complete 50 sixes in international cricket.

57Rashid Khan is the highest wicket-taker in T20s this year, 57.

104 – Hazratullah Zazai needs 104 runs to complete 2000 runs in T20 cricket.

54 – Rahmanullah Gurbaz needs 54 runs to complete 500 runs in T20I cricket.

5 – Mohammad Nabi needs five hits over the fence to complete 250 sixes in T20 cricket.

13 – Nabi has also won most Player-of-the-match awards in T20I cricket (13).

Get every cricket updates! Follow Us:

googletelegraminstagramwhatsappyoutubethreadstwitter

Download Our App

For a better experience: Download the CricTracker app from the IOS and Google Play Store